Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sugar and Spice...heavy on the spice

When we found out a girl would be the tail-end of our family, we envisioned a quiet, docile princess, who would bring peace and tranquility into our already busy, loud, boy-friendly home. However, this princess RUNS full speed everywhere she goes, and HATES being held. She is very loud, in a cute, girl way, of course. She loves climbing and chasing/being chased by her brothers...enter exhibit A... While running in the house, Kami fell on the hardwood floor, hit the banister, and got her first shiner...actually the hugest shiner of any of our kids so far. It was quite alarming to see a goose egg protrude like that from her head, and I was sure that brain matter was oozing from her skull. ICK. Kevin was even taken aback when he got home and insisted on holding her, even though the tears had long been dried. Birth order may contribute to her business...she does have 2 brothers to keep up with and defend herself against. That combined with her strong spirit, makes her one tough cookie!! She is fiesty...but soooo cute. Kevin and I still go peek at our 'peaceful' girl sleeping before we go to bed every night...so, she does have her quiet moments. ; )




5 comments:

Shanna Nemrow said...

Oh, poor Kami! I hate it when our kiddos get hurt; it's so sad :(

I'm so excited you have a blog. I just started one too. Our's is...
blair-and-shanna.blogspot.com

maren said...

ummm...nice parenting. i hope kevin doesn't fire you from the job! don't you hate when you are with them all day and they walk away from you and this happens? it hasn't stopped the cute little girl though!

Brent said...

So is the second picture (the profile) a shot of Kam or Baby New Year? Is that trick photography or are those ears bionic? I bet she can hear me typing right now...

Vickie said...

Oh my gosh- I hope CPS doesn't come to your door ;) Poor little girl- Caden has had plenty of those- that's when I don't bring him in public :)

Tonya said...

She is so darling...I just stumbled on your blog...fun to peek in...

xoxo

Tonya